Support Philly Businesses
Check out our database of Philadelphia small businesses that are still open for delivery or online orders!
Rock to the Future Novel Coronavirus Update
At Rock to the Future, the health and safety of our students, family, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. While we know how important our programs are for the students we serve, we unfortunately have had to suspend our programs and close our office until the state of Pennsylvania lifts the stay at home order and the schools we work in reopen.
- We are now offering online music programs! Join us for a Brain Break at noon, Monday-Thursday on Facebook Live, or register for an online music class Monday-Thursday afternoons: Online Learning
- During this time, the city and the School District of Philadelphia are providing takeaway meals for Philadelphia students, seniors, and others in need. An interactive map and list of locations is available on the City of Philadelphia website. For further resources, please see below.
- For the health and safety of our community, we have cancelled all student performances. If you’re in the mood for some musical goodness, check out amazing solo performances that Rock to the Future students, staff, and alumni recorded for the Music for All Digital Ball on April 18th: full video available on Youtube and Facebook.
- Rock to the Future staff is working during this time (hello!), though our office will be closed. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns – info [at] rocktothefuture.org or 215-302-9633
Our students rock, and we know you want to keep playing music during this challenging time! Stay safe, keep your social distance, wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds, and we will be in touch soon.
– Jessica Craft, Founder and CEO, Rock to the Future
RESOURCES AND ASSISTANCE
Help with meals and food:
- City of Philadelphia food sites An interactive map and list of locations offering takeaway meals for students, seniors, and anyone who needs assistance.
- Philabundance List of locations offering free food by the City of Philadelphia, searchable by zip code.
- For Philly Arrange for a contactless delivery of a free food box. They are also open for volunteers if you are interested in giving back.
Mutual Aid and community volunteer groups:
- Your Neighbor Good Like TaskRabbit for volunteers. Register to ask for assistance with grocery delivery, pet walking, or other small tasks from a volunteer in your community.
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors Fill out this online form to ask for or offer assistance with: monetary donations, grocery pick up or purchase, transportation, checking on family members, and other small tasks.
Online learning and teaching your students from home:
- Internet access options for families Information about internet access programs and hotspots through the School District of Philadelphia.
- Chromebook Loan Program Information and policies about the laptops available for free through the School District of Philadelphia.
- School District of Philadelphia Learning Guides Learning guides organized by grade and subject. The guides have lessons and activities that follow what students have been learning during the school year.
- Online learning resources Our list of free online learning websites and games. This list includes websites that focus on music education, games and activities to teach civics and media literacy, and general education resources.
- MindPHL A list of mental health resources compiled by IBX and the City of Philadelphia.
- Council for Relationships No-cost mental health services to healthcare providers and others responding to the COVID-19 outbreak in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including medical workers, first responders, and essential workers.
- Livewell Foundation Peer-led depression group, now meeting virtually. All groups are free and open to everyone.
- PhilaSD FAQ Frequently Asked Question and tips from the School District of Philadelphia.
- City of Philadelphia Coronavirus update hub, frequently updated with news and resources.
- School District of Philadelphia Coronavirus update hub with updates and resources in SHQIP, عربي, 汉语, ខ្មែរ , English, Français, Português, Русский, Español, and Việt
- LGBT+ Resource Guide A guide compiled by the city’s Office of LGBT Affairs that lists resources including legal help, health care, and employment and housing resources for LGBT+ communities.
- Voting Rights Alliance Information and advocacy for voting access.
- State of PA VotesPA Website Information about voting in Pennsylvania.
- Apply for a mail-in or absentee ballot for the 2020 Primary election. The election has been postponed to June 2 2020, with mail-in and absentee ballots accepted until May 26.
- Voto Por Correo en Philadelphia Video informativo en español de CEIBA para mostrar cómo votar por correo.
- Vote by Mail in Philadelphia An informational video from CEIBA that shows how to vote by mail.
Fun things to do:
- Free Library of Philadelphia Virtual events and programs for kids and adults from the Free Library.
- Crafting Through Corona Videos demonstrating fun at-home crafts from Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens.
- Barnes from Home Explore the artwork of the Barnes Foundation through videos, lectures, and performances from guest musicians.
- Homeschool with Mural Arts Video workshops, printable coloring pages, downloadable Zoom backgrounds, and more from Mural Arts, who are busy supporting artists and spreading beautiful messages of hope throughout Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Zoo Penguin Point Cam Watch live video of penguins swimming at the Philadelphia Zoo!
- Franklin at Home Activities and workshops from the Franklin Institute, like an outdoor scavenger hunt, guided tours of the night sky, and science experiments you can do at home.