"Rock to the Future made college a priority. They encouraged me to start somewhere and to keep the ball rolling after high school." - Destiny C.
Rock to the Future's Ready for the Future club supports high school and middle school students in our MusiCore After School program on their path to higher performing high schools through the high school selection process and professional plans after high school through college and trade school readiness. Whether it be music, medicine, business, skilled trades, or other goals, we are here to help you reach your dreams. Since our beginning, 100% of students from our after school programs have pursued post-secondary education.
The Ready for the Future Club meets weekly and is open to MusiCore After School students in 9 - 12 grade in Kensington and 6 - 8 in Germantown.
In the club you will:
- Visit Philadelphia area colleges and trades schools
- Explore career options based off of your passions and goals
- Have regular guest presenters to learn about careers. Past speakers have included entrepreneurs, EMTs, lawyers, music industry professionals, and more.
- Receive support with the high school selection process
- Learn to write a resume
- Apply to trade school and college
- Write scholarship applications and apply for scholarships
- Apply for financial aid and learn how to make college and/or trade school affordable
- Learn life skills
Graduating seniors from the Ready for the Future Club who are pursuing post-secondary plans (college or trade school) also:
- Can apply for the Rock to the Future Higher Education Scholarship Fund to receive a scholarship between $250 - 1,500 to help with college and trade school costs
- Receive a laptop