Rock*A*Delphia summer camp takes place at Kensington High School – 2051 E Cumberland St, Philadelphia, PA 19125
GuitarStars summer camp takes place at Roosevelt Elementary School – 439 Washington Ln., Philadelphia, PA 19144
2019 registration is closed. Fill out the interest form below to be contacted when 2020 camp registration opens.
Rock to the Future summer camps use music to inspire kids and teens to find what they love and who they want to be. Students will form bands and spend a week playing and writing music, taking part in creative workshops, making new friends, singing in the choir, and meeting future mentors. Each day, students will enjoy performances from a variety of musicians. At the end of camp, students will perform live on stage for friends and family!
- One week, 9am – 3pm
- Learn guitar, bass, drums, or piano
- Form a band and write music
- Attend creative workshops
- Learn from guest musicians
- Perform live at the end of camp Showcase
- GuitarStars for grades 2 – 7 and Rock*A*Delphia for grades 7 – 12
Both camps are co-ed with no experience necessary (beginner to advanced students are welcome!) and all instruments are provided.
Rock to the Future believes that music education should be available for every student no matter their age, ability, or address. Scholarships are available for Philadelphia youth whose families meet income requirements: see descriptions below! Full scholarships are provided for some Philadelphia youth, and the fee is only $250 for students who do not qualify for a scholarship. Students need reliable transportation to and from camp. Rock to the Future will provide snacks, but students should bring their own lunch. If you need assistance with transportation, lunch, early drop off / late pick up, please let us know when you fill out the application.
- The Ian A. Haney Memorial Scholarship provides underserved Philadelphia youth drummers with a complete scholarship to our Rock*A*Delphia summer music camp. Thank you to Mary Haney and family for this generous gift for our community’s youth!
- The Mark Webb Scholarship, provided by the Feeney family, provides scholarships to young musicians attending GuitarStars summer music camp. Thank you to the Feeney family!
Music education is a critical part of growing up, and our camps help students build skills to succeed on stage and off stage. Space is limited to 40 students in each camp. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, so please apply today!
To join our summer camps, fill out the interest form below. Enrollment will open in January 2020 and students are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
To qualify for a scholarship, the student must reside within Philadelphia county and meet financial need.