Info@RocktotheFuture.org | 215-302-9633 | Mailing Address: 1201 North 3rd St. #283 Philadelphia, PA 19122
MUSIC FOR ALL DIGITAL BALL
Help us celebrate 10 years of providing student-driven music programs in a safe and supportive environment at no cost for Philadelphia youth.
Saturday, April 18, 2020
7:00 – 8:30 PM
With brand new musical performances from Rock to the Future students, alumni, and supporters.
ONLINE LEARNING RESOURCES
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
At Rock to the Future, the health and safety of our students, family, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. While we know how important our programs are for the students we serve, we unfortunately have had to suspend our programs and close our office.
- The School District of Philadelphia and State of Pennsylvania have closed all schools. All MobileMusic workshops and MusiCore After School programs are closed, for as long as the schools we work in are closed.
- Check out our online learning resources to keep playing music from home. We are beginning online classes the week of April 13.
- The School District of Philadelphia Coronavirus Update Site can help you stay informed. The website has news, updates, and tips in ten languages.
- During this time, the School District of Philadelphia is providing takeaway breakfast and lunch at 80 locations. These locations will be open 9am-12pm Monday-Thursday. A list of locations is available on the district website.
- Our current plan is to reopen programs as the schools we work in reopen. We will notify families by email before our programs reopen, or if anything changes. In the meantime, you can stay informed on our Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook pages.
- For the health and safety of our community, we have decided to cancel both MusiCore spring showcases.
- We are postponing the Music for All Ball concert until the fall. However, please join us at the Music for All Digital Ball on 4/18/20 to watch videos and musical performances from the comfort of you own home!
- Rock to the Future staff is working during this time (hello!), though our office will be closed. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns - info [at] rocktothefuture.org or 215-302-9633.
Our students rock, and we know you want to keep the music playing during this challenging time! Rock to the Future staff and teachers are working on ways to keep in touch, and we will keep improving our programs during this break. If you are feeling stressed or nervous about the novel coronavirus (as we all are!), Teen Vogue's guide to coping with Coronavirus anxiety is a great tool. If you play any sweet tunes at home, you can always tag us at @Rock2Future to show off your skills. Stay safe, keep your social distance, wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds, and we will be in touch soon.
With Love and Good Health,
Jessica Craft + all of us at Rock to the Future
Rock to the Future provides student-driven music programs in a safe and supportive environment at no cost for Philadelphia youth. We believe in the power of music to improve lives, and we help our students unlock their fullest potential through the benefits of learning music. We prepare the next generation for every stage!