Support Positive Youth Development Through Your Donor Advised Fund
Supporting Rock to the Future's mission through your donor advised fund is an easy, tax smart and flexible way to give. Your donation to Rock to the Future ensures our programs are provided 100% free for high-need zip codes.
What is a donor-advised fund (DAF)?
A DAF provides donors with a centralized charitable giving vehicle. It allows philanthropically inclined individuals, families, and corporations to make an irrevocable charitable gift to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program and take an immediate tax deduction. Most sponsoring organizations of DAFs accept cash equivalents, securities, and certain other assets.
Main advantages of a DAF
- Simplicity—The DAF sponsor handles all recordkeeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility—The timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision-making.
- Tax efficiency—Contributions are tax-deductible, and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support several charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy—A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs—There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).*
- No transaction fees—Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.*
- Privacy if desired—Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
Make your gift using the DAF Direct form below, or you can recommend your donor-advised fund to make a gift on your behalf to Rock to the Future.
Information you’ll need:
Rock to the Future
1201 North 3rd St. #283
Philadelphia, PA 19122
If you have a DAF with another financial institution not included on the DAF direct form, please submit your gift directly through your institution’s portal or contact our Individual Giving Manager, Christine Dancey, at email@example.com for further assistance.