At Rock to the Future, we believe in the magic of music. We believe that learning music is not only a transformational journey for the artist, offering them essential tools to grow and express, but their journey is also transformational to the consumer, as the artist captures the emotions and experiences that we sometimes struggle to articulate. Most importantly, we believe music should be accessible to all!
Unfortunately, many children and teens in Philadelphia do not have access to music programs due to financial barriers. That's why Rock to the Future provides our innovative programs for free to all students. In addition, there are no auditions to join - we are many students' first music class!
The reason we can keep our music programs free is because of support from people like you. Your support helps us launch music, mentoring, and educational programs that have reached over 500 students over the last school year.
This year we are aiming to raise $50,000 for our Give the Gift of Music fundraiser!
Here are five ways to support our goal and help keep our music program free for Philadelphia youth:
- Help Raise Awareness: We are confident that when people become aware of our mission and programs, they will be eager to become involved in supporting the growth of Philadelphia's children. One of the best ways to help is to engage with our content by liking, sharing and commenting on Rock to the Future's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Linkedin pages. When you engage, you help us raise awareness because based on the algorithm of most social platforms and the content being on your page, our content will also be more likely to appear on pages of your friends and their friends! Even better, when you make a conscious decision to engage with our work, you will get an inside look at the moving stories of our rockstars!
- Donate an instrument: One of the best parts of our program is giving instruments to our students to keep! Your donated instruments help us provide students with take-home instruments to practice on, and our schools and program partners with instruments for our program spaces and music rooms. Learn more about how to donate an instrument today!
- Please donate to our Give the Gift of Music fundraiser and start your own Peer to peer fundraiser: Help us reach our goal of $50,000! Every dollar counts, and now we offer opportunities to increase your impact. The first is when you donate before December 31, 2021, we will match your donation up to $25,000. Choose this option and double your impact. Also, you can quickly start a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign by using our Givebutter fundraising tool. With a single click, you will have the tools to share our Give the Gift of Music fundraiser directly with your network via text, email, and social media. Give the Gift of Music today!
- Host a special event fundraiser: Do you have a birthday, wedding, or other special event coming up? Instead of asking for gifts directly, ask your family and friends to support a cause you love by starting a fundraiser on behalf of Rock to the Future. Just direct them to our donate page or start a fundraiser on Facebook.
- Attend an upcoming Rock to the Future event - See our students rock out during their winter showcases or join us for our Music For All Ball. When you become directly involved with the work we do and see our Rock Stars live, we are confident you will want to continue to support the impact we make on Philadelphia youth. Plus, attending our events is an excellent opportunity to connect with like-minded folks who have a passion for music, support Philadelphia's youth, or both. Visit our event page to stay up to date on our upcoming events.
Our supporters help keep our programs running! Will you join us to help meet our $50,000 fundraising goals to help keep our music programs free? To start today, choose one of the options above or contact our Donor Relations Coordinator at Christine@RocktotheFuture.org.